Welcome to the Town of Prescott! On behalf of our entire town Council and staff, I extend greetings and a sincere thank you for visiting our new online home.
As you will see on this website, Prescott is a town on the rise. Our superb location on the north shore of the majestic St. Lawrence River in Eastern Ontario just south of our nation's capital in Ottawa allows you to get away from the cost and stress of city living without giving up any of its comforts.
Prescott offers the very best of small-town Canadian life, whether you are looking for a new home for your family or are searching for the ideal location for your business. Here are just a few highlights:
● A perfect location on Hwy. 401, with Hwy. 416 to Ottawa, ON and the Prescott-Ogdensburg, NY International Bridge to the United States just minutes away
● Business access to the heart of the busiest commercial corridor in Canada, with Ottawa 45 minutes to the north, Kingston 60 minutes to the west, Montreal 90 minutes to the east, and large urban U.S. centres such as Syracuse, N.Y. within 90 minutes to the south
● Deep-water international shipping at the Port of Johnstown, just minutes away
● Full municipal water and sewer services for residential and business development
● Affordable, municipally-owned industrial and commercial park land alongside Hwy. 401
● Tremendous natural beauty and recreation along the St. Lawrence River, one of the world's great waterways
● The RiverWalk District, encompassing our Historic Downtown and Waterfront, including such public amenities as the new-in-2015 RiverWalk Park, Prescott Marina, Fort Wellington National Historic Site, and more
● More than 80 acres of parkland and recreational fields offering unparalleled public access to the St. Lawrence River
● Deep historical roots - Prescott was established in 1784 with Loyalist settlement and founded as a town in 1810, a heritage seen today in our many historical homes, the historic downtown merchant district, the Forwarders' Museum, and Fort Wellington National Historic Site, the War of 1812-era fortification that gives us our nickname, "The Fort Town"
Right here in Prescott, you can truly have it all. Come see us in person and find out for yourself.
All the best,
Dr. Gauri Shankar
Mayor, Town of Prescott