Centennial Pool is currently closed for the season. The information contained below will prepare you for participating in our future summer programming in partnership with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario. Please take the time to read through prior to registering for programs and visiting our facility. Questions can be directed to the Manager of Community Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration specific questions, please contact the YMCA at 613-342-7961, ext 75. To contact the pool building directly, call 613-925-0762.
Online registration is available through the YMCA website at https://eo.ymca.ca/onlineregistration. We will open registration for each program at 9:00 am, 7 days in advance of the program start date. Full payment is required at the time of registration. If the program you are interested in is full, you have the option of putting your name on a waiting list. If a space opens, you will be contacted to confirm your registration or to pass the spot to the next in line. If you have questions during the registration process, please call the YMCA at 613-342-7961, ext 75.
How to Register Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zr9sx8_9s
Swimmers should arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled swim time. Masks are required when inside the pool facility, except when using showers. Swimmers should maintain physical distancing and practice good hand hygiene. We encourage swimmers to shower at home before arriving at the pool, showers on the pool deck will be available for use, but the showers in the change room will not be available for use. Upon arrival, swimmers will check in for Covid-19 screening and contact tracing information will be confirmed. They will then proceed to the change room. Swimmers are encouraged to use the washrooms at that time if needed and then must take their belongings to the pool deck with them. After their program, swimmers will exit via the gate on the pool deck.
To participate in a public, family or adult/lane session, swimmers must register in advance for swim programming. Registration will be open at 9am, 7 days in advance of the program start date.
Fitness Swim - A time for those looking for a quieter environment to focus on exercises in the pool. There is no charge for Fitness Swim.
All participants must be registered individually, including children and babies. Not sure how to register? Visit the link below and you'll find step-by-step instructions (written and video!) to help you.
We ask that you call (613) 925-0762 to cancel if your plans change to allow the spot to be given to someone else. Swimmers who do not reserve risk being turned away at the door if the session is full.
Swim Team A: Swimmers aged 6 to 10, having completed Seal level (or equivalent) and able to swim at least two lengths of the pool (any stroke) are welcome.
Swim Team B: Swimmers aged 11-16, having completed Seal level (or equivalent) and able to swim at least two lengths of the pool (any stroke) are welcome.
- Children between the ages of 0 and 5 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arm’s reach with a maximum of two children for each parent or guardian (2:1).
- Children between 6 and 9 years of age who:
- Successful swim test: are permitted to swim unaccompanied. However, the parent or guardian must remain in the pool area and be responsible for the child(ren)’s supervision.
- Unsuccessful swim test: must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arm’s reach. The ratio of non-swimmers to parent or guardian may be a maximum of two bathers to one parent or guardian (2:1) for children between the ages of 6 and 9.
- Children 10+ years of age are permitted to swim unaccompanied. You can ask them to swim test if you are worried about their safety, however if they do not pass you can only ask them to stay in the shallow end and not enforce a parent being in the pool.
- Children who successfully complete the swim test will receive a green wrist band. This information will be recorded so the child will not have to perform the test each time he/she visits the pool.
- Swim tests are performed by Head Instructors and off duty Lifeguards.
- Swim 25 meters from shallow end to deep end along a wall without stopping or touching the wall/bottom
- Jump into the deep water from side of pool
- Surface from jump and tread 30s without touching a wall
- While swimming 25 meters, the child must:
- Complete the entire distance
- Swim continuously
- Swim with face in
- Show ability to take breath
- Not touch the bottom
- Not stop and rest
- While jumping into the deep water from side of pool, the child must:
- Jump into deep water from side of pool
- Jump away from the side with comfort
- Surface from jump and swim to side
- Easily surfaces to top of water
- When treading water for 30s, the child must:
- Keep his/her head out of the water the whole time
- Appear comfortable
- Be able to move comfortably to side
The Splash Pad will be open for the season on May 21, 2022 from 8am-8pm. The Splash Pad is a great way to cool off during those hot summer days and experience a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence River at the same time! Located in Centennial Park along with Kelly's Beach and Centennial Pool, the splash pad is fun for the whole family. Public washrooms are on-site.
The Splash Pad will be open for the season on May 21, 2022.