The information contained below will prepare you for participating in our future summer programming in partnership with the YMCA of Eastern Ontario. Please take the time to read through prior to registering for programs and visiting our facility. Questions can be directed to the Manager of Community Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. For registration specific questions, please contact the YMCA at 613-342-7961, ext 75. To contact the pool building directly, call 613-925-0762.
View the 2022 Summer Pool Schedule here.
Online registration is available through the YMCA website at https://eo.ymca.ca/onlineregistration. Registrants do not need to be a member of the YMCA to register for pool programming in Prescott. If you have questions during the registration process, please call the YMCA at 613-342-7961, ext 75.
Fitness Swim - A time for those looking for a quieter environment to focus on exercises in the pool. There is no charge for Fitness Swim.
Swim Team A: Swimmers aged 6 to 10, having completed Seal level (or equivalent) and able to swim at least two lengths of the pool (any stroke) are welcome.
Swim Team B: Swimmers aged 11-16, having completed Seal level (or equivalent) and able to swim at least two lengths of the pool (any stroke) are welcome.
- Children between the ages of 0 and 5 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arm’s reach with a maximum of two children for each parent or guardian (2:1).
- Children between 6 and 9 years of age who:
- Successful swim test: are permitted to swim unaccompanied. However, the parent or guardian must remain in the pool area and be responsible for the child(ren)’s supervision.
- Unsuccessful swim test: must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age and responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arm’s reach. The ratio of non-swimmers to parent or guardian may be a maximum of two bathers to one parent or guardian (2:1) for children between the ages of 6 and 9.
- Children 10+ years of age are permitted to swim unaccompanied. You can ask them to swim test if you are worried about their safety, however if they do not pass you can only ask them to stay in the shallow end and not enforce a parent being in the pool.
- Children who successfully complete the swim test will receive a green wrist band. This information will be recorded so the child will not have to perform the test each time he/she visits the pool.
- Swim tests are performed by Head Instructors and off duty Lifeguards.
- Swim 25 meters from shallow end to deep end along a wall without stopping or touching the wall/bottom
- Jump into the deep water from side of pool
- Surface from jump and tread 30s without touching a wall
- While swimming 25 meters, the child must:
- Complete the entire distance
- Swim continuously
- Swim with face in
- Show ability to take breath
- Not touch the bottom
- Not stop and rest
- While jumping into the deep water from side of pool, the child must:
- Jump into deep water from side of pool
- Jump away from the side with comfort
- Surface from jump and swim to side
- Easily surfaces to top of water
- When treading water for 30s, the child must:
- Keep his/her head out of the water the whole time
- Appear comfortable
- Be able to move comfortably to side
The Splash Pad will be open for the season on May 21, 2022 from 8am-8pm. The Splash Pad is a great way to cool off during those hot summer days and experience a wonderful view of the St. Lawrence River at the same time! Located in Centennial Park along with Kelly's Beach and Centennial Pool, the splash pad is fun for the whole family. Public washrooms are on-site.
The Splash Pad will be open for the season on May 21, 2022.